World History – AD
2) Worksheet: get to know your new book!
3) Homework: Bring in a notebook for your journal by MONDAY AUGUST 22nd!
1) PreTest! Woohoo!
2) Foundations of Government (Lecture)
3) Guided Reading (GR 1-1)
1) Intro to Geography (Lecture)
2) Get to know your text book: Use a blank piece of paper and your textbook to answer the following questions:
- Where was the most exciting place you have been? Research that area or place in your textbook and write down one interesting fact about it.
- Where do you want to go? Pick a place (outside of your home) that you may find interesting and would like to travel to in the future). Research that area and find 5 important or interesting facts about it.
- Read page 5 in your book and answer the question at the bottom of the page. Of the organizations and groups mentioned in the reading and the lecture, which one are you the most interested in and why?
Please use complete sentences and proper grammar. The questions are based on personal opinion, so working with a partner is not necessary for this assignment.
3) Summer Reading Presentations (during 8th hour)