Journal: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! What are your plans for this evening? Are you dressing up? Trick’o’Treating? Handing out candy?
1) Ren/Ref Rotation
EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE STAPLED TOGETHER AND TURNED IN TOMORROW 11/1
1) Presidential roles Article Assignment
1) Finish Air Pollution Power point
Journal: Read Pg 70 “Founding the Jesuits”. Who is Ignatius and how did the Jesuits impact the Catholic Church?
1) Ren/Ref Rotations
HOMEWORK: Read pages 56-59 and 67-71. Parts of these reading are also from the Ren/Ref Rotation. You should already be familiar with them.
If you have not been able to finish some of the assignments in class please use the extended time over the weekend to complete them.
BRING YOUR BOOKS AND SOURCES EVERY DAY!!!!
Instead of uploading your Renaissance Art Assignment to the Moodle, PRINT IT OUT and staple it to your final packet at the end of the hour on Monday (10/31) or Tuesday (11/1).
1) WORST Presidents Chart
1) Air Pollution
2) Six Common Air Pollutant Chart and Power Point
TURN IN YOUR SAVE THE RAINFOREST POSTER!
Journal: Read the primary source “The Prince” on page 55 in your book. Summarize the passage and answer:
Why is it better for a Prince to be feared than to be loved?
1) Ren/Ref Rotations!
Please bring your paper sources… if you ever finish a rotation early, you should be writing your paper!
EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE TURNED IN ON NOV 1st!!!!!
1) Best and Worst Presidents Article
Chart Due Friday
Create a mini-poster about saving the rainforrest.
- Focus on one fact from the fact sheet
- What do you think is the most important part of the rainforest to save?
- Creativity and Neatness!!!
Journal: Read the “Info-graphic” about Perspective on Pg 52-53 in your book. Answer both of the “Thinking Critically” Questions
1) Ren/Ref Rotations
1) Many of Many Hats!
2) GR 8-1
Due tomorrow if not finished in class
1) Pro/Con Essay about a recent Dam project
Using the internet research one recent dam project and answer the following questions in essay form.
- What is the project?
- Where is it located?
- What are the costs/benefits of the project?
- What are the arguments for and against the project?
- Choose a side (in favor or opposed to the project) and explain your reasoning based on your research.
Journal: List 4-5 of the grievances you had against the school. What would you do if no one listened to you? What would you do if you got kicked out of school for having those greivences?
1) THESIS DUE
2) Reformation and Renaissance Rotation
Remember everything is due November 1st
1) Legislative Review and Xtra credit option
If you have not yet taken the test, you have until the end of the week!!! (10/27)
2) Hydrological Cycle/Dams
Journal: How does religion affect you? How do you think religion impacts the world?
2) Bring Sources for your paper AND your thesis on Monday!
1) Turn in your chart
2) Presidential Roles
1) PRESENTATION DAY!
NO JOURNAL TODAY
1) Library Day. Don’t forget you need TWO books sources and 1 internet!
THESIS IS DUE ON MONDAY 10/24!
1) Presidential Basics!
2) Good vs Bad Leader
1) Last day to work on poster!
2) Presentations tomorrow!